Requesting a Transcript
Students are eligible to receive transcripts if they have settled all financial obligations with the University.
You may complete a transcript request form in the Registrar’s Office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or you may send your request by mail or by FAX at (504) 284-5495.
Written requests should be forwarded to:
Southern University at New Orleans
Office of Records
6400 Press Drive
New Orleans, Louisiana 70126
or E-mailed firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcripts will be issued within three to five days after requests are received. At the end of the semester, however, approximately 10 days will be required to post grades and issue transcripts for students who have completed courses and want this work included on their transcripts.
FEE: $2.00 each. Payments accepted by mail (money order, company check or certified check [made out to Southen University at New Orleans]); in person (cash, credit/debit card [NO PERSONAL CHECKS]); online (current students ONLY); or by phone (Call the cashier at 504 286-5322). Telephone requests are not accepted.
You will need the following information:
- Any other name(s) used while attending SUNO
- SSN/Banner Number
- Date of Birth
- Dates of attendance
- Whether not you graduated from SUNO (Yes or No)
- Number of Transcripts you are requesting
- A complete mailing address of each person or institution to which they should be sent
- You are responsible for the address!
- If you would like to pick up your transcript(s) please state so.
- FAX requests must include the FAX number and name of the recipients *(A FAX transcript is not considered an official transcript)
- Student’s signature.
- Daytime phone number and/or daytime email address
Requests with no student signature will not be processed. Please make sure to include your current address and telephone number in case we need to contact you.
To gain access to their academic records, students must submit written requests or present student’s permission except:
- To Southern University personnel who have a legitimate educational interest as determined by the University.
- To other educational institutions in which the student seeks to enroll (the student may obtain a copy of the record that was transferred);
- To parents of students who are dependents for income tax purposes;
- To appropriate persons in the case of health and safety emergencies, and
- To courts of law in response to court orders of subpoenas.
Requests for access to educational records by any person other than those listed above in the section of “Regulations Governing Student Records” shall be refused. Unless the student has submitted a written, dated, and signed waiver to allow access to records. The waiver must specify the records to be released, the reasons for such release, and names of the persons to whom records should be released.
To Access Banner Account
- Go to www.suno.edu
- Click on Current Student
- Click on Banner at SUNO
- Go to the Bottom of the page and click on SUNO Banner Log In
- Click Enter Secure Area
- Enter User ID (if unsure use your SSN without dashes or spaces – ex: XXXXXXXXX)
- Enter Pin ( in unsure contact the Registrar’s Office at 504-286-5175)
Business Contact Information
The Office of Registrar is located on the 2nd Floor of the Administration Building,
Southern University at New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana 70126.
Phone: (504) 286-5175; Fax: (504) 284-5495.