Any student who graduated from high school or received their GED and went on to attend a regionally accredited two-year or four-year post-secondary educational institution prior to their application to Southern University at New Orleans is considered a transfer student.
The following requirements must be met for transfer applicants seeking admission to any undergraduate program:
- Applicants must be in good standing academically and financially with last institution attended.
- Applicants must submit their final official transcripts from each college/university attended.*
- Applicants must have a 2.0 Grade Point Average or higher.
- Applicants must have earned a transferable Associate Degree or have earned a minimum of 18 credit hours.
- Applicants with less than 18 credit hours must provide their official high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores.
- Applicants must have taken and passed college-level English and Math coursework.
- Applicants must have a transfer reference sheet sent directly from each college/university attended.
- Applicants must provide a copy of their immunization record or submit a request for exemption (required for all admitted students prior to registration).
- SUNO will only transfer courses in which the student has earned a grade of C or higher.
Be sure to review the requirements for your intended major through the University’s Academic Catalog.
- Fall Semester – July 1
- Spring Semester – December 1
- Summer Semester – May 1
*Students currently enrolled in college may be admitted provisionally with an official transcript pending the receipt of a final transcript showing grades for the current semester. Final transcripts must be received within 30 days of the close of the last semester attended. Faxed transcripts are not considered official and will not be accepted. Failure to acknowledge attendance at a college or university may result in dismissal from SUNO.