The international student application deadlines for Southern University at New Orleans are:
- July 1 for the fall semester
- December 1 for the spring semester
In order for your application to be reviewed and processed, all of the following criteria must be met prior to the application deadline:
- Completion of the student application.
- Payment of the $30 application fee (Checks or money orders should be made payable to Southern University at New Orleans).
- An official or original high school or college transcript. If transferring credit from a non-U.S. college, transcripts must be translated and evaluated by an approved U.S. agency. (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services members are listed here)
- TOEFL examination scores of 500, or 173 computer-based required for all, except for citizens of African nations who may submit West African Examinations or General Certificates of Education.
- Copy of your student visa.
- Copy of your immunization records or request for exemption (required for all admitted students prior to registration). Applicants must submit application and all records at least 90 days prior to registration to be considered for admission. An I-20 form will be issued only after all credentials have been submitted and the applicant has been officially admitted to the University.
- A notarized Affidavit of Financial Support (NAOFS).
- First-time freshman applicants must meet out-of-state requirements.
- New Transfer Applicants must meet minimum transfer standards.