Southern University at New Orleans works diligently to make its admission process as easy as possible. If your questions regarding admission to SUNO cannot be answered through this website please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 504.286.5235.
In selecting incoming freshmen, SUNO uses the following criteria:
- Completion of the Louisiana Board of Regents Core Requirements
- Your academic record
- ACT composite scores
Admission to Southern University at New Orleans does not guarantee admission to any particular academic program. Be sure to review the requirements for your desired major through the University’s Academic Catalog.
- Fall Semester – July 1
- Spring Semester – December 1
Please make sure that all of the following items have been submitted to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions in order for you to be considered for admission to Southern University at New Orleans.
Failure to submit all of the following will result in your application not being reviewed for admission.
- $20 Application fee (Check or Money Order)
- Completed Application
- SAT or ACT score reports
- Official High School Transcript
- Official Final High School Transcript (required after admission and upon graduation from high school)
- Immunization Records