Students desiring to transfer from Regionally Accredited colleges and universities to Southern University at New Orleans with less than12 semester hours of course work must meet the same requirements as the first time freshman. Students with 12 hours or more must have a GPA of 2.0 (based on 4.0) on all transfer work.
Transfer students who have earned 12 or more college-level credit hours must:
- Have a minimum cumulative college level GPA of 2.0.
- Be eligible to return to the institution from which they are transferring.
- Have earned credit for college level Math or English.
- Submit an official transcript(s) from all the universities/colleges that have been attended.
- Submit a copy of your immunization record.
- Submit a copy of your social security card.
- Submit a Transfer Reference Sheet that is to be completed by the Dean of Student Affairs.