SUNO participates in the GRE Fee Reduction Program for the 2015-2016 testing year. The program allows institutions to make GRE Fee Reduction Certificates available to eligible college seniors and unenrolled college graduates who meet the GRE Board guidelines. A student may receive one GRE Fee Reduction Certificate. The certificate may be applied toward the test fees for one GRE General Test, and/or one Subject Test. Individuals who receive a GRE Fee Reduction Certificate will be required to pay 50 percent of the 2015-2016 GRE test fee and other applied fees. Only one Fee Reduction Certificate may be issued to a student by SUNO (not one per test).Starting in July 2015, individuals who are approved for a GRE Fee Reduction may retake a GRE test for 50 percent of the full test fee within one calendar year of the receipt of their original Fee Reduction Certificate and ISIR materials without resubmitting a new Fee Reduction Certificate or ISIR form. These individuals can complete the Declaration of Eligibility form available at www.ets.org/gre/bulletinandforms, and send it with the appropriate payment and registration form(s) to GRE-ETS, Financial Need Fee Reduction Program, P.O. Box 6000, Princeton NJ 08541-6000.GRE Board Guidelines:The student must be a U.S. Citizen or resident alien and have completed a 2013-2014 FAFSA. Using the results, the student must be:
- a dependent senior with a parent contribution of no more than $1,500 or
- an independent senior with an Expected Family Contribution of no more than $1,900 or
- an independent unenrolled college graduate with an Expected Family Contribution of no more than $1,900.
There are no appeals for this criteria. SUNO cannot issue a certificate unless these criteria are met. Process:
- The student requests a Fee Reduction Certificate from the Office of Student Financial Assistance by calling (504) 286-5263.
- The office will print the student record from the FAFSA and complete a Fee Reduction Certificate, if the student meets the above criteria, set by Educational Testing Service (ETS) criteria.
- Certificates may be picked up in Administration Building, Room 164.
- All items are mailed by the student to ETS, with the test materials.