Application: Click here for an application
1. Students must apply for the field practicum during the spring semester prior to beginning the practicum experience.
2. Application forms are obtained from the School of Social Work’s office.
3. Applicants must attach a resume and an official transcript reflecting that all pre-requisites have been met. All applications must be reviewed and signed by the student’s faculty advisor and returned to the Director of Field.
1. Students must have completed all required social work courses through the junior year.
2. Students must have earned an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in Social Work courses.
1. Each student must attend a pre-practicum orientation, conducted by the Director of Field Instruction.
2. Selection of the practicum site will be made by the Director of Field Instruction.
3. Each student is expected to complete two (2) semesters in field practicum. A minimum of 225 clock hours, approximately 16 hours per week, in the practicum setting is required each semester.
- Students approved by the Director of Field Instruction for field practicum must enroll in SOWK 481G Field instruction I and SOWK 4810 Field Seminar I in the Fall and SOWK 482H Field Instruction II and SOWK 4820 Field Seminar II in the spring .
- Students cannot retake Field if they receive a grade of “F” in Field Instruction.