The Bachelor of Social Work degree requires satisfactory completion of a minimum of one hundred twenty credits. These consists of university general education credits in the freshman and sophomore years which are pre-requisite courses for admission to the professional social work component and sixty credits in the junior and senior years. The Professional Social Work curriculum includes 63 credit hours, 51 credit hours within the department, including SOWK 100, 211, 241, 311, 341, 342, 343, 350, 351, 352, 431, 432, 481, 482, six credit hours of social work electives, and 12 credit hours of outside electives.
Additional graduation requirements include:
- Fulfill requirements set forth by the University
- Complete Field practice successfully
- Complete all social work courses with a GPA of 2.5 or better (no social work course can be repeated more than one time) and maintain the University requirement of an overall 2.0 GPA
- Grades earned in social work courses lower than a C cannot be accepted for graduation.
- Participate in one (1) personal growth experience (Annual Spring Retreat),
- Participate in and four (4) seminars for majors which meet once during the fall, spring and summer semesters.