Small Business Development Management Institute Services
Whether you are needing assistance to transform your idea into a business venture, in need of the support that will help you make an informed decision during critical points in the growth of your business or a small firm wanting to expand, the SUNO SBDMI is the resource entrepreneurs can turn to for help. We provide small businesses with knowledge that allows you to spend more time doing what you do best: growing your business.
The SBDMI is a full service assistance center providing professional management consultant service to existing businesses and individuals who want to enter the world of business. Services offered are:
Small Business Incubator (SUNO, Inc.) - SUNO, Inc.’s program supports the successful development of entrepreneurial companies through an array of business resources and services, developed and orchestrated by incubator management. Primary services include:
- Secure furnished office, meeting and online training spaces at a subsidized rate.
- 24/7 office access.
- Access to shared office equipment (fax, Wifi, copiers, etc.).
- Limited receptionist support.
- Specialized technical assistance.
- Professional assessment of, preparation for, and guidance toward programs/projects and partnerships which benefit the sustainability of incubator clients’ enterprises.
Business Workshops/Seminars – The SBDMI offers a series of workshops and seminars throughout the year. These workshops and seminars are on topics that will enhance and bring additional knowledge to the participants. The topics will enable the participants to take advantage of many business opportunities brought to them at the workshops and seminars. The workshop and seminars are on such topics as: “Credit Repair”, “Funding Opportunities for Small Businesses”, “Grant Writing” and “Exporting Your Business Product” just to name a few.
NxLeveL(TM) Entrepreneurial Training – NxLeveL is a multi-week course for both potential and existing entrepreneurs that offer a practical, condensed series of entrepreneurial technical and training sessions. The purpose of the courses is to teach entrepreneurs better business planning skills, from business concept development to actual preparation of a comprehensive business plan. The course enables participants to work through the various stages of business growth and development. Unlike other training programs, NxLeveL addresses the special needs of the entrepreneur by providing a practical, hands-on, common sense approach to developing their small business—whether just starting out or ready to grow.
Business Counseling – Individual business counseling is on a scheduled basis at the SBDMI location 5-days per week (except where special provisions have been made for the counselor to do on-site counseling). The Institute provides counseling in the areas of business formation, loan packaging, and business management, marketing, financing, accounting, strategic planning, regulations and taxation.
Business Plan Preparation- Individual counseling sessions with clients that focus on either the initial development or the revising of his/her business plan. SBDMI staff or consultants will do one-on-one counseling, which include phone counseling or counseling in person. This counseling is focused on assisting the client with the development of the different components of his/her business plan.
Business Loan Applications Preparation – SBDMI offers business loan preparation as a one-on-on-one or a group workshop session in which information is captured on a loan application. The client’s application will be processed either by the SBDMI or the client can take their completed application to a lending institution of his/her choice.
Quick Books Training – The SBDMI offers Quick Books Training courses designed to show the small business owner how to run and use Quick Books in the financial management of their business. The client will be taught how to set up accounts, how to make journal entries, how to do financial statements and related tax issues in Quick Books.
Financial Management Workshop Series - This comprehensive program is offered at no cost to participants.
- Microsoft Office Suite for Business – designed as a refresher course for those seeking to better track customers, services and finances.
- Budgeting Basics 1 – focused on the essential records needed to keep your business accounts accurate and organized. Special emphasis on personal financial statements, profit/loss statements, and balance sheets.
- Budgeting Basics 2 – Focuses on Pro Forma, Cash Flow, Breakeven and Start Up costs as part of the budgeting process.
- Credit Repair/Financial Bootcamp – This intensive two-part workshop takes participants through the steps to repair and/or improve both personal and business credit scores.
- Business vs Personal Taxes – Learn about required forms, accepted deductions and the other tax considerations that differ between your personal return and that of your company.
- QuickBooks Basic Tutorial and QuickBooks Payroll/Paychex – These workshops will give you the tools to manage your small business and also your payroll, with focus on time and attendance, employer HR support and 401K.
- Loan Packaging “How to Make an Ask” – Business plan? Check. Financial Management system in place? Check. The final workshop of the series will guide you in the fundamentals to accessing captial for your entrepreneurial venture. Whether applying to a bank, a non-profit credit agency, or a private group, the same principal applies: the investor wants to know that there will be a return on monies invested. This program will help you develop the most persuasive “ask” possible for potential investors.
Contact the SBDMI
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
7240 Crowder Avenue
New Orleans, Louisiana 70126
Phone: (504) 242-0006