The General Studies Degree Program goals are to:
- Provide students with an enhanced, academically challenging and comprehensive liberal education from established traditional undergraduate curricula;
- Provide a flexible course of study that will establish an interdisciplinary approach to the development of students;
- Provide a support environment that will instill an understanding and appreciation of the social, political, cultural and economical forces which shape communities at the local, state, national and international levels;
- Provide students with quality counseling and advisement;
- Provide students with academic support programs that will enhance their successful matriculation;
- Provide a sound undergraduate foundation that will prepare students for the workplace and for graduate education.