Mr. Michael Meehan, Coordinator
The overall purpose and goals of the Satellite Telecommunications Network Interface / Distance Learning component of Title III is to receive, produce, disseminate and enhance the telecommunications/audio visual capacity of Southern University at New Orleans in support of the University’s academic, cultural and professional programs. The goals are as follows:
- To participate in the receiving and sending of programming and broadcasting within the Historically Black College and University Network.
- To utilize the telecommunications technology to enhance SUNO’s curricular, cultural, and faculty development offerings.
- To utilize the telecommunications technology to increase student enrollment, especially through telecourse offerings.
- To cultivate effective and creative working relations with the local consortium colleges and public broadcast networks.
- To maintain and expand (where possible) all satellite telecommunications equipment for optimal productivity. 6. To move toward being an uplink as well as a downlink facility.