The Director for Grants and Sponsored Programs is responsible for assisting faculty, staff and administrators with pre-award services; such as, preparing and submitting proposals, developing and conducting workshops and seminars and providing regulatory oversight. Some specific services are:
- Providing information regarding grant opportunities;
- Assisting in obtaining information and forms related to proposal preparation and submission;
- Assisting in the development of budgets for grant and contract proposals;
- Assisting with the internal proposal routing and approval process;
- Providing the Principal Investigator / Project Director with the applicable regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to the administration of sponsored projects.
Post award services are provided by the Budget Manager/Post Award Administrator. Some specific functions performed include:
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
NO PROPOSAL MAY BE SUBMITTED ON BEHALF OF THE UNIVERSITY WITHOUT PROPER NOTICE TO THE OFFICE OF GRANTS AND SPONSORED PROGRAMS AND THE CONSENT AND APPROVAL OF THE CHANCELLOR.
To assure proper review, the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs should receive a completed Proposal Routing Form along with the proposal at least ten (10) working days before the deadline date. We would prefer to receive proposals 30 to 60 days prior to the due date in order that we may assist you with “guaranteeing” the funding of the proposal.