Application - Click Here for an application
Admission decisions for the MSW program are based on a review of past academic performance, relevant work and/or volunteer experience, reference evaluations, personal interest statement, and, if needed, a personal interview. Preference is given to applicants who have received a BSW degree or completed a major in social work or social science. The minimum criteria for admission to the MSW program are as follows:
1. An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. The degree must be awarded prior to semester of enrollment.
2. Nine (9) hours of liberal arts courses: Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Sociology and an Introduction to Biology or General Biology. All core course prerequisites must be completed with a “C” Grade or better.
3. An overall undergraduate Grade Point Average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
4. Evidence of writing skills comparable with a graduate level student.
5. Written evidence of a congruent commitment to the social work profession’s values and ethics and School of Social Work themes..