- Completed Graduate School Application (download here)
- Official Transcript(s)
- Three Letters of Recommendation that address academic achievements and potential as a graduate student. Letters should be from former professors.
- A one-page typed statement of purpose/interest that explains the applicant’s reasons for pursuing a master’s degree in museum studies. Applicants should demonstrate a desire to establish a career in the professional museum field.
International students with diverse academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply for the Master of Arts in Museum Studies Program. Please read the following instructions and if you have any questions feel free to contact us.
If you have completed your undergraduate degree in an institution where English is the language of instruction, you can apply directly to the program. If this is not the case, you are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language by taking one of the following exams:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination
Evaluation of Foreign Transcripts
International students are required to have their transcripts evaluated by contacting:
How to Apply
Send your complete application and supporting documents to: School of Graduate Studies, 6400 Press Drive, New Orleans, LA 70126.