The General Studies Program will be featuring on this page a variety of scheduled workshops and seminars throughout the upcoming academic year. These programs are designed to improve student academic performance and enhance the student’s total educational experience.
We encourage you to visit this site frequently to obtain further details on the seminars and workshops listed below, and about the upcoming seating availability, location, and dates. Students are encouraged to contact the General Studies Program office for additional details and preferences.
Other features will include news and special events provided by students and faculty in the General Studies Program.
- Time Management—It Works!
- Memory Skills
- Motivating Yourself Toward Success
- Managing Your Budget Finances
- Valuing Diversity in the Workplace/Preparing for a Global Society
- Leadership Development—Are Leaders Born or Made?
- The Benefits of Positive Thinking
- Developing as a Professional—Making Stress Work for You
- You’re Reading…What?
- Critical Thinking—Problem Solving
- Why Should I Pursue a Graduate Degree?
- Going for Your Goals
- How to Earn an “A”
- Navigating Textbooks
- Stop Procrastination!
- Successful Study Methods
- Taking Essay Exams
- Multiple Choice Exams
- Test Preparation